-
September 5th, 2003, 12:36 AM
#1
Inactive Member
Okay, I've finally got a film camera. It's got a couple of lenses but no instructions.
So I'm hoping you peeops can tell what all of this stuff is.
This is my camera. Hopefully you can identify each of the dials and such for me before I go and mess them up.
Whilst I'm here, I've got a few questions...
a) Is there a difference between super-8 and regular 8 film? Is it interchangable? Is my camera super or regular-8?
b) I'm assuming it can be lit with regular red heads? I know lighting for film as opposed to video is vastly different but that's why I got it... to experiment.
That's all I can think of right now, I'm sure I'll have more when I get going.
Cheers.
-
September 5th, 2003, 02:13 AM
#2
HB Forum Moderator
This is something out of my realm of experience. It is probably a double 8mm camera.
Double 8mm is actually 16mm film that first gets shot on one half of the film, then you flip it around and shoot the other half.
Picture #2 is the footage counter. It only goes to 25 ft which is why I'm assuming it's a double 8mm camera.
Picture #3, the filming speed options. Which are 8 fps, aka 8 frames per second, commonly referred to as undercranking), 16 fps, and 32 fps.
I'm not sure about #4, however it appears to be some type of filter wheel. I'm basing that on the "CC". You can probably verify this by seeing if some type of filter is visible by looking at the front of the lens. You might try looking at the lens glass as you turn that dial and see if you see anything inside the lens change.
Picture #5 is your f-stop ring. Your f-stop range is f 1.9 to
f 16. This controls the amount of light you let onto the film. The camera is probably a manual exposure camera only, so you'll need to set your f-stop when shooting.
Bright daylight, set between f-8 to f-16, Daytime subdued light, f-4 to f-5.6, low light, set between f 1.9 to f 2.8.
-
September 5th, 2003, 08:27 PM
#3
Inactive Member
I've worked out that #4 is actually switching between straight shooting and stop motion.
Thanks for confirmation on the other stuff. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
On another note, looking through the view finder doesn't show you what the lens sees, so I don't know if shots are in focus or how wide the lens is or anything. Any thoughts?
-
September 6th, 2003, 05:40 AM
#4
HB Forum Moderator
Does the camera come with a zoom lens? If it does tell us what the zoom range is.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks